US: Ascena expands Ohio distribution centre
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market.
The 760,000 sq ft facility will distribute apparel and accessories for its brands including Justice & Brothers, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Dressbarn and Catherines.
The distribution centre will employ 500 staff over the next five years, adding an additional 200 jobs to the area, the retailer said. The expansion is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"Not only is central Ohio considered a hub for distribution, but the centrality of this location will allow us to deliver to 70% of our 3,800 stores within two days," said president and CEO David Jaffe.
Ascena Retail Group was forced to lower its full-year earnings guidance after net profit dropped by a third in the third quarter....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis