US: Ascena expands Ohio distribution centre
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market.
The 760,000 sq ft facility will distribute apparel and accessories for its brands including Justice & Brothers, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Dressbarn and Catherines.
The distribution centre will employ 500 staff over the next five years, adding an additional 200 jobs to the area, the retailer said. The expansion is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"Not only is central Ohio considered a hub for distribution, but the centrality of this location will allow us to deliver to 70% of our 3,800 stores within two days," said president and CEO David Jaffe.
Ascena Retail Group was forced to lower its full-year earnings guidance after net profit dropped by a third in the third quarter....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies