US: Ascena expands Ohio distribution centre
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market.
The 760,000 sq ft facility will distribute apparel and accessories for its brands including Justice & Brothers, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Dressbarn and Catherines.
The distribution centre will employ 500 staff over the next five years, adding an additional 200 jobs to the area, the retailer said. The expansion is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"Not only is central Ohio considered a hub for distribution, but the centrality of this location will allow us to deliver to 70% of our 3,800 stores within two days," said president and CEO David Jaffe.
Ascena Retail Group was forced to lower its full-year earnings guidance after net profit dropped by a third in the third quarter....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019