US: Ascena expands Ohio distribution centre
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market.
The 760,000 sq ft facility will distribute apparel and accessories for its brands including Justice & Brothers, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Dressbarn and Catherines.
The distribution centre will employ 500 staff over the next five years, adding an additional 200 jobs to the area, the retailer said. The expansion is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"Not only is central Ohio considered a hub for distribution, but the centrality of this location will allow us to deliver to 70% of our 3,800 stores within two days," said president and CEO David Jaffe.
Ascena Retail Group was forced to lower its full-year earnings guidance after net profit dropped by a third in the third quarter....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)