US: Ascena expands Ohio distribution centre
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market.
The 760,000 sq ft facility will distribute apparel and accessories for its brands including Justice & Brothers, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Dressbarn and Catherines.
The distribution centre will employ 500 staff over the next five years, adding an additional 200 jobs to the area, the retailer said. The expansion is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"Not only is central Ohio considered a hub for distribution, but the centrality of this location will allow us to deliver to 70% of our 3,800 stores within two days," said president and CEO David Jaffe.
Ascena Retail Group was forced to lower its full-year earnings guidance after net profit dropped by a third in the third quarter....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey