US: Ascena names Montgomery as EVP and CFO
Ascena Retail Group has appointed Dirk Montgomery as executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Armand Correia who is retiring after 21 years with the company.
Montgomery was most recently vice president and chief value chain officer at restaurant operator Bloomin' Brands.
He has held a number of leadership roles in finance, procurement, strategic planning and operations in the retail and consumer products segments, including senior positions at Con Agra, Sara Lee and clothing retailer Express.
"On behalf of our entire organisation, I'd like to personally thank Armand for his 21 years of service to Ascena," said Ascena Retail Group president and CEO David Jaffe.
"His stewardship was instrumental in delivering market-leading rates of growth and return for our shareholders, particularly over the last decade.
"We are excited to welcome Dirk to our team, and are confident that his leadership, expertise and experience will enable us to continue building upon this record of achievement."
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015