US: Ascena names Montgomery as EVP and CFO
Ascena Retail Group has appointed Dirk Montgomery as executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Armand Correia who is retiring after 21 years with the company.
Montgomery was most recently vice president and chief value chain officer at restaurant operator Bloomin' Brands.
He has held a number of leadership roles in finance, procurement, strategic planning and operations in the retail and consumer products segments, including senior positions at Con Agra, Sara Lee and clothing retailer Express.
"On behalf of our entire organisation, I'd like to personally thank Armand for his 21 years of service to Ascena," said Ascena Retail Group president and CEO David Jaffe.
"His stewardship was instrumental in delivering market-leading rates of growth and return for our shareholders, particularly over the last decade.
"We are excited to welcome Dirk to our team, and are confident that his leadership, expertise and experience will enable us to continue building upon this record of achievement."
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie