US: Ascena names Montgomery as EVP and CFO
Ascena Retail Group has appointed Dirk Montgomery as executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Armand Correia who is retiring after 21 years with the company.
Montgomery was most recently vice president and chief value chain officer at restaurant operator Bloomin' Brands.
He has held a number of leadership roles in finance, procurement, strategic planning and operations in the retail and consumer products segments, including senior positions at Con Agra, Sara Lee and clothing retailer Express.
"On behalf of our entire organisation, I'd like to personally thank Armand for his 21 years of service to Ascena," said Ascena Retail Group president and CEO David Jaffe.
"His stewardship was instrumental in delivering market-leading rates of growth and return for our shareholders, particularly over the last decade.
"We are excited to welcome Dirk to our team, and are confident that his leadership, expertise and experience will enable us to continue building upon this record of achievement."
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies