US: Ascena names Montgomery as EVP and CFO
Ascena Retail Group has appointed Dirk Montgomery as executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Armand Correia who is retiring after 21 years with the company.
Montgomery was most recently vice president and chief value chain officer at restaurant operator Bloomin' Brands.
He has held a number of leadership roles in finance, procurement, strategic planning and operations in the retail and consumer products segments, including senior positions at Con Agra, Sara Lee and clothing retailer Express.
"On behalf of our entire organisation, I'd like to personally thank Armand for his 21 years of service to Ascena," said Ascena Retail Group president and CEO David Jaffe.
"His stewardship was instrumental in delivering market-leading rates of growth and return for our shareholders, particularly over the last decade.
"We are excited to welcome Dirk to our team, and are confident that his leadership, expertise and experience will enable us to continue building upon this record of achievement."
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024