US: Ascena Q4 adjusted profit surges 74%
- Q4 adjusted net profit up 74% to US$49m
- Net sales up 29% to $939.7m
- Sales up 8% on underlying basis
Ascena Retail Group has posted a notable surge in fourth quarter adjusted net profit as the company absorbed its recent acquisition of apparel retailer Charming Shoppes.
Reported net income was more than halved to US$11.2m, but surged up 74% on an adjusted basis, driven by an 8% increase in adjusted net sales.
This was driven by new stores and e-commerce, Ascena said, and comparable store sales increasing 2%, led by Justice at 5%.
Company president and CEO David Jaffe hailed the past 12 months as a “landmark year” and said: “In addition to executing well at each of our businesses and maintaining a solid pace of quarterly results, we completed yet another transformative acquisition.”
Ascena is forecasting adjusted earnings per share of $1.45-1.55 in fiscal 2013, based on a mid single-digit increase in comparable store sales.
The company completed the acquisition of Charming Shoppes on 14 June.
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead