US: Ascena raises full-year earnings guidance
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance.
The company, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, now expects earnings per share in a range of $2.20 to $2.25 for the fiscal year ending 30 July. This is up from previous guidance of $2.05 to $2.15.
"We were very pleased with our sales and margin performance at each of our brands over the important holiday season," explained president and CEO David R Jaffe.
"With overall stronger than expected comp sales, we sustained our full-priced sell through rates and outperformed our expectations through excellent profitability. This was particularly true for Maurices, which led our performance during the holiday season."
The company also noted that comparable store sales for the holiday season (from Thanksgiving Day to 2 January) increased 7% on a consolidated basis. By brand, Dressbarn increased 4%, Maurices increased 16% and Justice increased 4%.
Teen apparel retailer Ascena Retail Group Inc has posted an 8% rise in third quarter profit thanks to solid gains across its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands....
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015