US: Ascena raises full-year earnings guidance
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance.
The company, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, now expects earnings per share in a range of $2.20 to $2.25 for the fiscal year ending 30 July. This is up from previous guidance of $2.05 to $2.15.
"We were very pleased with our sales and margin performance at each of our brands over the important holiday season," explained president and CEO David R Jaffe.
"With overall stronger than expected comp sales, we sustained our full-priced sell through rates and outperformed our expectations through excellent profitability. This was particularly true for Maurices, which led our performance during the holiday season."
The company also noted that comparable store sales for the holiday season (from Thanksgiving Day to 2 January) increased 7% on a consolidated basis. By brand, Dressbarn increased 4%, Maurices increased 16% and Justice increased 4%.
Teen apparel retailer Ascena Retail Group Inc has posted an 8% rise in third quarter profit thanks to solid gains across its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands....
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report