US: Ascena Retail doubles Q2 earnings
- Net earnings surged 96% to $42.5m from $21.7m
- Net sales rose 27% to $752.2m from $594.1m
- Comparable store sales increased 9%
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit.
Performance in the three months to 29 January was mainly due to a 52.8% hike in sales at its Justice stores, which target tween girls. By division, Dressbarn sales increased 1% to $211.6m and Maurices rose 24% to $202.8m.
"I am very pleased with our overall business performance and our ability to identify the right merchandise, plan assortments effectively, conduct compelling marketing activities and develop increased loyalty from our customers," said president and CEO David R Jaffe.
"As we move into the second half of our fiscal year, we are focused on continuing to deliver value to our customers, on sustaining our improvements in margin and on building a shared infrastructure platform to support each of our brands."
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey