US: Ascena Retail edges closer to Charming Shoppes merger
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plus-size specialist "in the coming days."
The US$890m acquisition was announced last month. The deal means Charming Shoppes will become a wholly-owned subsidiary Ascena Retail, adding the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes brands to its portfolio.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands for women and tween girls.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
Teen fashion retailer The Wet Seal Inc is has urged its shareholders to reject efforts by dissident investor Clinton Group to replace experienced board members - and says it has taken "positive steps"...
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase