US: Ascena Retail edges closer to Charming Shoppes merger
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plus-size specialist "in the coming days."
The US$890m acquisition was announced last month. The deal means Charming Shoppes will become a wholly-owned subsidiary Ascena Retail, adding the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes brands to its portfolio.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands for women and tween girls.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
Teen fashion retailer The Wet Seal Inc is has urged its shareholders to reject efforts by dissident investor Clinton Group to replace experienced board members - and says it has taken "positive steps"...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape