US: Ascena Retail edges closer to Charming Shoppes merger
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plus-size specialist "in the coming days."
The US$890m acquisition was announced last month. The deal means Charming Shoppes will become a wholly-owned subsidiary Ascena Retail, adding the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes brands to its portfolio.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands for women and tween girls.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
Teen fashion retailer The Wet Seal Inc is has urged its shareholders to reject efforts by dissident investor Clinton Group to replace experienced board members - and says it has taken "positive steps"...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019