US: Ascena Retail edges closer to Charming Shoppes merger
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plus-size specialist "in the coming days."
The US$890m acquisition was announced last month. The deal means Charming Shoppes will become a wholly-owned subsidiary Ascena Retail, adding the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes brands to its portfolio.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands for women and tween girls.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
Teen fashion retailer The Wet Seal Inc is has urged its shareholders to reject efforts by dissident investor Clinton Group to replace experienced board members - and says it has taken "positive steps"...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras