US: Ascena Retail names Heasley as Lane Bryant CEO
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year.
She replaces former president Brian Woolf, who has been named as CEO of Body Central. Heasley joins the company after six years as president and CEO of The Limited.
Ascena Retail Group said that during her time with The Limited, Heasley revamped store product lines, introduced new brand positioning, launched e-commerce, commissioned a new store design, introduced a plus-size brand, inaugurated a new national advertising campaign, and returned The Limited to sustained profitability for the first time in 17 years.
"A very focused search process was conducted and the organisation was able to attract a number of highly qualified candidates," said Ascena Retail Group president and CEO David Jaffe.
"Linda is the ideal person to lead Lane Bryant. She has a track record of impressive business results, an engaging and collaborative style, and a passion for the customer."
Ascena Retail Group acquired Charming Shoppes, which includes the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes, last year for US$890m. It has since closed down the Fashion Bug business.
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management....
Timberland says it made "many notable strides" last year in boosting the sustainability of its business, including the use of more recycled, organic or renewable sources in its apparel and footwear....
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields