US: Ascena Retail posts 8% Q3 profit hike
- Q3 profit up 8% to $51.8m
- Net sales rose 9% to $722.8m
- Comparable store sales increase 6%
Teen apparel retailer Ascena Retail Group Inc has posted an 8% rise in third quarter profit thanks to solid gains across its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands.
"In each of our concepts, we have focused on providing a compelling value proposition to consumers, the success of which is reflected by our continued, across-the-board comparable store sales increases," said CEO David Jaffe.
"As we go forward, we are mindful that today's consumer is under increasing pressure. We are confident that we have struck the right balance of merchandise and pricing and will continue to do so."
By division, same-store sales increased 4% at Dressbarn, rose 11% at Maurices, and climbed 3% at Justice.
The company, which operates 2,500 stores, reaffirmed its full year guidance for earnings in the range of $2.28 to $2.33.
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, has named John Sullivan to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief operating officer....
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, says one-time charges and an accounting change that cut a week off its reporting calendar are to blame for a fall in fo...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape