US: Ascena Retail taps Sullivan for new IT role
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, has named John Sullivan to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He will be responsible for information technology, distribution, and human resources information systems across all brands - and will report to president and CEO David Jaffe.
Sullivan joins the company from QVC, where he was executive vice president and chief information officer. While at QVC, he drove a multi-year strategy to support its multi-channel business including a global website, warehouse management system, and a customer relationship management system that enabled strategic promotions, cross selling, and customer personalisation.
Before this, he was the senior vice president sourcing, systems and chief information officer for Liz Claiborne, responsible for the company's global information systems, merchandise replenishment, global apparel and accessories manufacturing, and customer service for both wholesale and retail operations.
In the third of a series of articles looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum looks at the reasons why so many fashion brands and retailers are doomed to fail....
You won't be reading about the name Liz Claiborne in a corporate sense for very much longer - and managers at the apparel business will be hoping that the change of name also signals a change in fortu...
The co-president of Liz Claiborne's Juicy Couture brand is set to leave after just two months in the post....
A group of US retailers and brands, including Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Gap Inc, Liz Claiborne, Nike, PVH Corp, Under Armour and VF Corporation, is again calling on the Guatemalan government ...
Strong demand for its Lucky Brand and Kate Spade lines have helped apparel maker Liz Claiborne Inc narrow its first-quarter losses, but its largest brand, Juicy Couture, continues to weigh on its fort...
Several private-equity firms are said to have held discussions with Liz Claiborne Inc about taking the clothing company private, according to reports....
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015