US: Ascena Retail taps Sullivan for new IT role
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, has named John Sullivan to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He will be responsible for information technology, distribution, and human resources information systems across all brands - and will report to president and CEO David Jaffe.
Sullivan joins the company from QVC, where he was executive vice president and chief information officer. While at QVC, he drove a multi-year strategy to support its multi-channel business including a global website, warehouse management system, and a customer relationship management system that enabled strategic promotions, cross selling, and customer personalisation.
Before this, he was the senior vice president sourcing, systems and chief information officer for Liz Claiborne, responsible for the company's global information systems, merchandise replenishment, global apparel and accessories manufacturing, and customer service for both wholesale and retail operations.
In the third of a series of articles looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum looks at the reasons why so many fashion brands and retailers are doomed to fail....
You won't be reading about the name Liz Claiborne in a corporate sense for very much longer - and managers at the apparel business will be hoping that the change of name also signals a change in fortu...
The co-president of Liz Claiborne's Juicy Couture brand is set to leave after just two months in the post....
A group of US retailers and brands, including Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Gap Inc, Liz Claiborne, Nike, PVH Corp, Under Armour and VF Corporation, is again calling on the Guatemalan government ...
Strong demand for its Lucky Brand and Kate Spade lines have helped apparel maker Liz Claiborne Inc narrow its first-quarter losses, but its largest brand, Juicy Couture, continues to weigh on its fort...
Several private-equity firms are said to have held discussions with Liz Claiborne Inc about taking the clothing company private, according to reports....
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey