US: Ascena Retail taps Sullivan for new IT role
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, has named John Sullivan to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He will be responsible for information technology, distribution, and human resources information systems across all brands - and will report to president and CEO David Jaffe.
Sullivan joins the company from QVC, where he was executive vice president and chief information officer. While at QVC, he drove a multi-year strategy to support its multi-channel business including a global website, warehouse management system, and a customer relationship management system that enabled strategic promotions, cross selling, and customer personalisation.
Before this, he was the senior vice president sourcing, systems and chief information officer for Liz Claiborne, responsible for the company's global information systems, merchandise replenishment, global apparel and accessories manufacturing, and customer service for both wholesale and retail operations.
In the third of a series of articles looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum looks at the reasons why so many fashion brands and retailers are doomed to fail....
You won't be reading about the name Liz Claiborne in a corporate sense for very much longer - and managers at the apparel business will be hoping that the change of name also signals a change in fortu...
The co-president of Liz Claiborne's Juicy Couture brand is set to leave after just two months in the post....
A group of US retailers and brands, including Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Gap Inc, Liz Claiborne, Nike, PVH Corp, Under Armour and VF Corporation, is again calling on the Guatemalan government ...
Strong demand for its Lucky Brand and Kate Spade lines have helped apparel maker Liz Claiborne Inc narrow its first-quarter losses, but its largest brand, Juicy Couture, continues to weigh on its fort...
Several private-equity firms are said to have held discussions with Liz Claiborne Inc about taking the clothing company private, according to reports....
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead