US: Ascena Retail taps Sullivan for new IT role
Ascena Retail Group Inc, operator of the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice stores, has named John Sullivan to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He will be responsible for information technology, distribution, and human resources information systems across all brands - and will report to president and CEO David Jaffe.
Sullivan joins the company from QVC, where he was executive vice president and chief information officer. While at QVC, he drove a multi-year strategy to support its multi-channel business including a global website, warehouse management system, and a customer relationship management system that enabled strategic promotions, cross selling, and customer personalisation.
Before this, he was the senior vice president sourcing, systems and chief information officer for Liz Claiborne, responsible for the company's global information systems, merchandise replenishment, global apparel and accessories manufacturing, and customer service for both wholesale and retail operations.
In the third of a series of articles looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum looks at the reasons why so many fashion brands and retailers are doomed to fail....
You won't be reading about the name Liz Claiborne in a corporate sense for very much longer - and managers at the apparel business will be hoping that the change of name also signals a change in fortu...
The co-president of Liz Claiborne's Juicy Couture brand is set to leave after just two months in the post....
A group of US retailers and brands, including Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Gap Inc, Liz Claiborne, Nike, PVH Corp, Under Armour and VF Corporation, is again calling on the Guatemalan government ...
Strong demand for its Lucky Brand and Kate Spade lines have helped apparel maker Liz Claiborne Inc narrow its first-quarter losses, but its largest brand, Juicy Couture, continues to weigh on its fort...
Several private-equity firms are said to have held discussions with Liz Claiborne Inc about taking the clothing company private, according to reports....
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects