US: Ascena to save 7,500 Fashion Bug jobs?
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports.
Ascena is considering moving Fashion Bug employees to new stores that may replace the ones that are closing, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. The report added that David Jaffe, chief executive of Ascena, said the company is not focused on eliminating jobs.
In addition, Jaffe expects to preserve 600 jobs at the headquarters of newly acquired Charming Shoppes, the report noted.
Earlier this month, Ascena completed its acquisition of US plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes for US$890m. The retail group said it will close the Fashion Bug brand by early 2013.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies