US: Ascena to save 7,500 Fashion Bug jobs?
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports.
Ascena is considering moving Fashion Bug employees to new stores that may replace the ones that are closing, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. The report added that David Jaffe, chief executive of Ascena, said the company is not focused on eliminating jobs.
In addition, Jaffe expects to preserve 600 jobs at the headquarters of newly acquired Charming Shoppes, the report noted.
Earlier this month, Ascena completed its acquisition of US plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes for US$890m. The retail group said it will close the Fashion Bug brand by early 2013.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report