US: Ascena to save 7,500 Fashion Bug jobs?
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports.
Ascena is considering moving Fashion Bug employees to new stores that may replace the ones that are closing, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. The report added that David Jaffe, chief executive of Ascena, said the company is not focused on eliminating jobs.
In addition, Jaffe expects to preserve 600 jobs at the headquarters of newly acquired Charming Shoppes, the report noted.
Earlier this month, Ascena completed its acquisition of US plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes for US$890m. The retail group said it will close the Fashion Bug brand by early 2013.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide