US: Ascena to save 7,500 Fashion Bug jobs?
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports.
Ascena is considering moving Fashion Bug employees to new stores that may replace the ones that are closing, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. The report added that David Jaffe, chief executive of Ascena, said the company is not focused on eliminating jobs.
In addition, Jaffe expects to preserve 600 jobs at the headquarters of newly acquired Charming Shoppes, the report noted.
Earlier this month, Ascena completed its acquisition of US plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes for US$890m. The retail group said it will close the Fashion Bug brand by early 2013.
Ascena already operates 2,600 stores selling its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group is expanding its distribution centre in Ohio, in a move that will help to improve its speed to market....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has seen its first-quarter net profit decline 9.3% despite booking an increase in sales. ...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO....
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lynda Davey as chairman following the resignation of Hal Kahn and three other directors. ...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details