US: Ascena ups FY forecast on Q2 profit hike
- Q2 net profit rises 50% to US$63.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $862m
- Comparable store sales increase 8%
A buoyant second quarter of trading, with profits up 50%, prompted women’s wear retailer Ascena Retail Group to increase its full-year projected earnings.
The strong performance in the three months to 28 January was led by 12% comparable store sales growth for the company’s Justice brand, while comps for its other brands, Dressbarn and Maurices, rose 8% and 3% respectively.
The figures prompted Ascena to raise its full-year projected earnings per diluted share to $2.75-2.80, compared to its previous forecast of $2.60-2.70.
Company president and CEO David Jaffe highlighted the company’s “generally strong performance in a tough market environment”, adding: “We are successfully utilising a variety of strategies to highlight the strength of our fashion position and value we provide to drive increases in our market share.”
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plu...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry