US: Ascena ups FY forecast on Q2 profit hike
- Q2 net profit rises 50% to US$63.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $862m
- Comparable store sales increase 8%
A buoyant second quarter of trading, with profits up 50%, prompted women’s wear retailer Ascena Retail Group to increase its full-year projected earnings.
The strong performance in the three months to 28 January was led by 12% comparable store sales growth for the company’s Justice brand, while comps for its other brands, Dressbarn and Maurices, rose 8% and 3% respectively.
The figures prompted Ascena to raise its full-year projected earnings per diluted share to $2.75-2.80, compared to its previous forecast of $2.60-2.70.
Company president and CEO David Jaffe highlighted the company’s “generally strong performance in a tough market environment”, adding: “We are successfully utilising a variety of strategies to highlight the strength of our fashion position and value we provide to drive increases in our market share.”
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plu...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey