US: Ascena ups FY forecast on Q2 profit hike
- Q2 net profit rises 50% to US$63.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $862m
- Comparable store sales increase 8%
A buoyant second quarter of trading, with profits up 50%, prompted women’s wear retailer Ascena Retail Group to increase its full-year projected earnings.
The strong performance in the three months to 28 January was led by 12% comparable store sales growth for the company’s Justice brand, while comps for its other brands, Dressbarn and Maurices, rose 8% and 3% respectively.
The figures prompted Ascena to raise its full-year projected earnings per diluted share to $2.75-2.80, compared to its previous forecast of $2.60-2.70.
Company president and CEO David Jaffe highlighted the company’s “generally strong performance in a tough market environment”, adding: “We are successfully utilising a variety of strategies to highlight the strength of our fashion position and value we provide to drive increases in our market share.”
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plu...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details