US: Ascena ups FY forecast on Q2 profit hike
- Q2 net profit rises 50% to US$63.7m
- Net sales up 15% to $862m
- Comparable store sales increase 8%
A buoyant second quarter of trading, with profits up 50%, prompted women’s wear retailer Ascena Retail Group to increase its full-year projected earnings.
The strong performance in the three months to 28 January was led by 12% comparable store sales growth for the company’s Justice brand, while comps for its other brands, Dressbarn and Maurices, rose 8% and 3% respectively.
The figures prompted Ascena to raise its full-year projected earnings per diluted share to $2.75-2.80, compared to its previous forecast of $2.60-2.70.
Company president and CEO David Jaffe highlighted the company’s “generally strong performance in a tough market environment”, adding: “We are successfully utilising a variety of strategies to highlight the strength of our fashion position and value we provide to drive increases in our market share.”
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports....
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plu...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)