UK: Asda linked to clothing top spot
Citing data by TNS Worldpanel, it is being reported that both Asda and Primark narrowly overtook M&S' market share during the summer months.
TNS made no comment on the reports and refused to release the data today (12 October).
However, the BBC reported that Asda took up a 10.1% market share in the 12 weeks to 17 August, while Primark had 9.9% and M&S 9.8%.
Asda, famed for its George range of clothing, made no comment on the report when contacted by just-style.
Spring has finally sprung for US retailers after a combination of factors pulled together in March to lift same-store sales for the seventh month in a row....
At first glance Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain and Japan's largest clothing retailer, appears to be on the crest of a wave....
Sri Lanka's largest apparel exporter, Brandix, is to invest another $2m over the next two years to cut its energy costs and carbon emissions as major customers in the US and EU move closer to requirin...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Asda has installed cameras in its Bangladesh supply factories with customers able to view working conditions live using the internet....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020