UK: Asda linked to clothing top spot
Citing data by TNS Worldpanel, it is being reported that both Asda and Primark narrowly overtook M&S' market share during the summer months.
TNS made no comment on the reports and refused to release the data today (12 October).
However, the BBC reported that Asda took up a 10.1% market share in the 12 weeks to 17 August, while Primark had 9.9% and M&S 9.8%.
Asda, famed for its George range of clothing, made no comment on the report when contacted by just-style.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Spring has finally sprung for US retailers after a combination of factors pulled together in March to lift same-store sales for the seventh month in a row....
At first glance Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain and Japan's largest clothing retailer, appears to be on the crest of a wave....
Sri Lanka's largest apparel exporter, Brandix, is to invest another $2m over the next two years to cut its energy costs and carbon emissions as major customers in the US and EU move closer to requirin...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Asda has installed cameras in its Bangladesh supply factories with customers able to view working conditions live using the internet....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022