UK: Asda Tops Schoolwear Sales League
The figures from Taylor Nelson Sofres show that in the highly competitive £900 million a year industry, Marks & Spencer has seen a 6 per cent drop in its share of school clothing sales, according to value.
According to the new information, M&S has a 9.1 per cent share of the sector, while Asda accounts for 12 per cent.
Promotional deals have helped discount chains such as Woolworths and Adams increase their share of the school uniforms market, while more expensive retailers like Bhs and Debenhams have seen their share of the market slide.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Will the US and EU impose limits on Chinese apparel exports, or won't they? And does it matter that much anyway? asks Mike Flanagan...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart, has been landed with a lawsuit for allegedly ignoring sweatshop conditions at clothing and toy factories....
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has posted a 10.2 per cent second-quarter net sales rise, boosted by strong demand for garment lines such as swimsuits and tank tops....
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, has reported a provisional sales increase of approximately 4.5 per cent in June, with better weather encouraging sales of seasonal apparel....
Top global retailer Wal-Mart will soon start work on a CNY100 million footwear logistics centre in the Fujian province of China....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"