USA: Ashworth And Seidensticker Launch Sport Shirt Line
Ashworth Inc today announced reaching a strategic alliance, in principle, with Seidensticker Group, a German-based designer and manufacturer which is regarded as one of the more technologically advanced woven goods producers globally.Seidensticker will manufacture and supply Ashworth with a new line of high quality, lifestyle driven men's woven sport shirts to be sold under the Ashworth brand name. Financial terms of the arrangement were not disclosed.Ashworth's alliance supports the company's new initiative to develop and extend its brand into the multi billion-dollar sportswear market. To launch this new business, Ashworth and Seidensticker are developing a new line of sports/casual shirts. This new travel and active woven line is expected to have performance qualities such as stretch, moisture wicking properties and very soft fabrics.Randall Herrel, president and chief executive officer of Ashworth, said: "We are extremely pleased to announce the formation of this strategic alliance as it marks our entrance into the billion dollar sportswear category and serves as a tremendous long-term growth opportunity for our company." Detlef Adler, CEO of Seidensticker Group, said: "This alliance is another important step for us in the United States market and supports the strong development of the Seidensticker Group in the casual and sports segment. The sourcing and manufacturing abilities Seidensticker has built over the last 80 years will provide Ashworth the opportunity to source quality products around the globe on the same high quality standard wherever it is made."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack