US: Ashworth appoints new CEO, announces CFO resignation
Golf-inspired sportswear firm Ashworth has appointed Peter Weil as its new CEO, succeeding Randall Herrel, who resigned last month.
Weil was previously VP at PricewaterhouseCoopers and has also held senior VP positions with Macy's, Marshalls and J Baker/Morse Shoe. He previously served as a member of the company's officer of the chairman. Weil will also continue to serve as a member of the board of directors.
The company also said CFO Winston E Hickman is leaving the company. Hickman will stay on until mid-November to ensure a smooth transition while the company said it will start looking for a new CFO immediately.
Ashworth is a designer of men's and women's golf-inspired lifestyle sportswear distributed domestically and internationally in golf pro shops, resorts, upscale department and specialty stores and to corporate customers.
The TJX Companies has disclosed that at least 45.7m of its customer records were stolen from databases in 2005 and 2006, but said that nearly three-quarters of them couldn't be used by the hackers....
Police have arrested six people suspected of using credit card numbers stolen from the database of The TJX Companies to buy around US$1m gift cards at Wal-Mart stores in Florida....
Golf apparel specialist Ashworth withstood a net loss in its first quarter that was nearly five times its year-ago deficit and about 50% higher than analysts expected....
Initial reports of breaches into The TJX Companies' computer system may have been understated. The largest off-price retailer in the US Wednesday (21 February) expanded the time frame for data theft a...
Pier 1 Imports has sued The TJX Companies over TJX's objections to the home décor retailer's choice of a former TJX official as its chief executive....
Alexander Smith, who resigned as senior executive vice president of TJX Companies earlier this week, has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Pier 1 Imports, the troubled Fort Worth...
Golf wear firm Ashworth said its co-founder John Ashworth is returning to the company to consult on all aspects of Ashworth brand development....
The TJX Companies, the largest off-price retailer in the US, on Wednesday (24 January) named John Gilbert executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020