USA: Ashworth Appoints New Chief
Tsang joined Ashworth in March 1999 and has successfully implemented several strategic initiatives to improve financial performance and operational efficiencies. He began his tenure as senior vice president and chief financial officer. With the appointment to chief operating officer, Tsang will assume additional operating responsibilities by overseeing global sourcing, production and licensing.
Randall Herrel, president and chief executive officer of Ashworth Inc, said: "I am pleased to announce Terence's promotion as it is certainly well deserved. When Terence joined our company eighteen months ago, he quickly implemented a series of financial controls and streamlined selected operations. In this regard, Terence has already exhibited the characteristics of a COO of a global organisation. Our company stands to benefit from Terence's strong operations and business acumen and in this new role he will continue to add value across the board."
Prior to joining Ashworth, Inc, Tsang spent over seven years at Guess? Inc (NYSE:GES) where he served in a number of capacities including interim chief financial officer as well as vice president finance, corporate controller/treasurer. Prior to Guess? Inc he served in several senior financial management positions with Catalina/Cole of California, and Development Bank of Singapore.
Ashworth Inc is a Southern California-based designer of men's and women's golf-inspired lifestyle sportswear distributed domestically and internationally in golf pro shops, resorts and upscale department and specialty stores. For more information, visit the company's website at www.Ashworthinc.com.
Companies: Warnaco Group Inc
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020