UK: Ashworth Named Solheim Cup Sponsor
Ashworth UK Ltd has been selected as the official apparel brand of the European ladies golf team at this year's Solheim Cup in Scotland and will use the event as a platform to launch their new 2001 ladies line in Europe. The Solheim Cup, to be held at Loch Lomond, will be played the 6th, 7th and 8th of October, 2000, and is one of the major events in women's golf. It brings together the leading female golfers from both sides of the Atlantic. Ashworth's selection as the official apparel sponsor of the European women's team is a boost for the brand as it works to strengthen its position as a leading apparel name in European golf. Richard Palmer-Jones, Ashworth's European marketing manager said: "Ashworth's position as a global golfwear brand places us in a unique position as the apparel sponsor of this prestigious event. All the outfits that the European ladies, caddies and the on-course staff will be wearing over the three-day event will be from the Ashworth Authentics line. The event is the ideal vehicle to showcase our new ladies' wear collection." Tim Howland, chief executive of the Ladies European Tour, added: "We are delighted that the Ashworth UK will be sponsoring the event. The initial feedback we have from the players on the new line has been excellent."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022