UK: Ashworth Named Solheim Cup Sponsor
Ashworth UK Ltd has been selected as the official apparel brand of the European ladies golf team at this year's Solheim Cup in Scotland and will use the event as a platform to launch their new 2001 ladies line in Europe. The Solheim Cup, to be held at Loch Lomond, will be played the 6th, 7th and 8th of October, 2000, and is one of the major events in women's golf. It brings together the leading female golfers from both sides of the Atlantic. Ashworth's selection as the official apparel sponsor of the European women's team is a boost for the brand as it works to strengthen its position as a leading apparel name in European golf. Richard Palmer-Jones, Ashworth's European marketing manager said: "Ashworth's position as a global golfwear brand places us in a unique position as the apparel sponsor of this prestigious event. All the outfits that the European ladies, caddies and the on-course staff will be wearing over the three-day event will be from the Ashworth Authentics line. The event is the ideal vehicle to showcase our new ladies' wear collection." Tim Howland, chief executive of the Ladies European Tour, added: "We are delighted that the Ashworth UK will be sponsoring the event. The initial feedback we have from the players on the new line has been excellent."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report