FRANCE: Asia flat as Richemont Q3 sales rise 5%
Sales growth at luxury goods business Richemont slowed to 5% in the third quarter, with Asia Pacific revenues flat at constant currencies.
The company, owner of Alfred Dunhill, Chloé and Net-a-Porter, said revenues in the three months to 31 December were up 5% at constant exchange rates to EUR2.862bn (US$3.821bn).
While sales in Europe rose by 9% and revenue in the Americas increased by 13%, sales in Japan edged up only 2% and Asia Pacific revenues were flat “following several years of exceptional growth”, Richemont said.
“At this stage, it is unclear how business patterns may develop and how the business in the Asia Pacific region will evolve in the near future,” the company added, highlighting the “cautious approach” taken by retailers in Hong Kong and mainland China.
Both Net-a-Porter and Chloé reported good growth in the quarter, helping Richemont's other businesses to post sales of EUR374m, up 6% at constant exchange rates.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)