FRANCE: Asia flat as Richemont Q3 sales rise 5%
Sales growth at luxury goods business Richemont slowed to 5% in the third quarter, with Asia Pacific revenues flat at constant currencies.
The company, owner of Alfred Dunhill, Chloé and Net-a-Porter, said revenues in the three months to 31 December were up 5% at constant exchange rates to EUR2.862bn (US$3.821bn).
While sales in Europe rose by 9% and revenue in the Americas increased by 13%, sales in Japan edged up only 2% and Asia Pacific revenues were flat “following several years of exceptional growth”, Richemont said.
“At this stage, it is unclear how business patterns may develop and how the business in the Asia Pacific region will evolve in the near future,” the company added, highlighting the “cautious approach” taken by retailers in Hong Kong and mainland China.
Both Net-a-Porter and Chloé reported good growth in the quarter, helping Richemont's other businesses to post sales of EUR374m, up 6% at constant exchange rates.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry