FRANCE: Asia flat as Richemont Q3 sales rise 5%
Sales growth at luxury goods business Richemont slowed to 5% in the third quarter, with Asia Pacific revenues flat at constant currencies.
The company, owner of Alfred Dunhill, Chloé and Net-a-Porter, said revenues in the three months to 31 December were up 5% at constant exchange rates to EUR2.862bn (US$3.821bn).
While sales in Europe rose by 9% and revenue in the Americas increased by 13%, sales in Japan edged up only 2% and Asia Pacific revenues were flat “following several years of exceptional growth”, Richemont said.
“At this stage, it is unclear how business patterns may develop and how the business in the Asia Pacific region will evolve in the near future,” the company added, highlighting the “cautious approach” taken by retailers in Hong Kong and mainland China.
Both Net-a-Porter and Chloé reported good growth in the quarter, helping Richemont's other businesses to post sales of EUR374m, up 6% at constant exchange rates.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey