FRANCE: Asia flat as Richemont Q3 sales rise 5%
Sales growth at luxury goods business Richemont slowed to 5% in the third quarter, with Asia Pacific revenues flat at constant currencies.
The company, owner of Alfred Dunhill, Chloé and Net-a-Porter, said revenues in the three months to 31 December were up 5% at constant exchange rates to EUR2.862bn (US$3.821bn).
While sales in Europe rose by 9% and revenue in the Americas increased by 13%, sales in Japan edged up only 2% and Asia Pacific revenues were flat “following several years of exceptional growth”, Richemont said.
“At this stage, it is unclear how business patterns may develop and how the business in the Asia Pacific region will evolve in the near future,” the company added, highlighting the “cautious approach” taken by retailers in Hong Kong and mainland China.
Both Net-a-Porter and Chloé reported good growth in the quarter, helping Richemont's other businesses to post sales of EUR374m, up 6% at constant exchange rates.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects