US: Asia Pacific drives Crocs Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$29m
- Revenues up 14.7% to $311.7m
- Comparable store sales down 5.2%
Success in Asia Pacific was the key component of a slight increase in first quarter profit for footwear business Crocs, which reported a double-digit revenue increase.
Comparable store sales fell globally by 5.2% in the first quarter of 2013, with the Americas falling by 10.3%, Europe down 7.3%, Japan down 5.8% and Asia Pacific rising 7.3%.
“During the quarter we saw strong sell-in of our spring and summer line into our wholesale accounts globally and solid initial sell-through in our own retail channel, all of which contributed to a 17% constant currency revenue growth during the quarter,” said John McCarvel, president and ceo.
“The Asia Pacific segment of our business was a key component of our success during the quarter.
“While weather did impact consumers in North America and Europe, and Europe also dealt with ongoing macro-economic issues, we did see early signs of recovery in Japan.”
Speakers from Crocs Shoes, DIM/DB Apparel and Nash International are among those lined up to discuss issues related to omni-channel retail, supplier collaboration and preserving margins at a sourcing ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Footwear specialist Crocs has appointed former Wal-Mart Stores executive Greg Sullivan as its new general manager for the Americas region....
US footwear maker Crocs has appointed Tim Lyons as its European retail director, with responsibility for overseeing the company's retail business in Europe....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019