US: Asia Pacific drives Crocs Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$29m
- Revenues up 14.7% to $311.7m
- Comparable store sales down 5.2%
Success in Asia Pacific was the key component of a slight increase in first quarter profit for footwear business Crocs, which reported a double-digit revenue increase.
Comparable store sales fell globally by 5.2% in the first quarter of 2013, with the Americas falling by 10.3%, Europe down 7.3%, Japan down 5.8% and Asia Pacific rising 7.3%.
“During the quarter we saw strong sell-in of our spring and summer line into our wholesale accounts globally and solid initial sell-through in our own retail channel, all of which contributed to a 17% constant currency revenue growth during the quarter,” said John McCarvel, president and ceo.
“The Asia Pacific segment of our business was a key component of our success during the quarter.
“While weather did impact consumers in North America and Europe, and Europe also dealt with ongoing macro-economic issues, we did see early signs of recovery in Japan.”
Speakers from Crocs Shoes, DIM/DB Apparel and Nash International are among those lined up to discuss issues related to omni-channel retail, supplier collaboration and preserving margins at a sourcing ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Footwear specialist Crocs has appointed former Wal-Mart Stores executive Greg Sullivan as its new general manager for the Americas region....
US footwear maker Crocs has appointed Tim Lyons as its European retail director, with responsibility for overseeing the company's retail business in Europe....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details