US: Asia Pacific drives Crocs Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$29m
- Revenues up 14.7% to $311.7m
- Comparable store sales down 5.2%
Success in Asia Pacific was the key component of a slight increase in first quarter profit for footwear business Crocs, which reported a double-digit revenue increase.
Comparable store sales fell globally by 5.2% in the first quarter of 2013, with the Americas falling by 10.3%, Europe down 7.3%, Japan down 5.8% and Asia Pacific rising 7.3%.
“During the quarter we saw strong sell-in of our spring and summer line into our wholesale accounts globally and solid initial sell-through in our own retail channel, all of which contributed to a 17% constant currency revenue growth during the quarter,” said John McCarvel, president and ceo.
“The Asia Pacific segment of our business was a key component of our success during the quarter.
“While weather did impact consumers in North America and Europe, and Europe also dealt with ongoing macro-economic issues, we did see early signs of recovery in Japan.”
Speakers from Crocs Shoes, DIM/DB Apparel and Nash International are among those lined up to discuss issues related to omni-channel retail, supplier collaboration and preserving margins at a sourcing ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Footwear specialist Crocs has appointed former Wal-Mart Stores executive Greg Sullivan as its new general manager for the Americas region....
US footwear maker Crocs has appointed Tim Lyons as its European retail director, with responsibility for overseeing the company's retail business in Europe....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead