ITALY: Asian Export Views See Woollen Yarns Down, Silk Up
Quality woollens and luxury fibre yarn and fabric producer Loro Piana has a gloomy view of the coming season's export prospects. "Japan is currently experiencing its worst slump in a quarter of a century," says Loro Piana's Luciano Bandi. "And as a result the Japanese, traditionally customers who gave quality priority over cost, are now seeking keener pricing, even if this means downtrading on quality."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores