TAIWAN: Asian Jeans Supplier Suspends Kmart Shipments
Shockwaves from Kmart Corp's financial difficulties have spread to Asia, with Nien Hsing Textile today saying that it is suspending shipments to the troubled retailer. The US's New York Times and Wall Street Journal say Kmart could file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today. An official at Nien Hsing, which supplies US$2-$5 million of blue jeans monthly to Kmart, told Reuters: "The orders we should have shipped for this week will be delayed, while we wait for a clear plan from Kmart to solve its financial problem."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022