TAIWAN: Asian Jeans Supplier Suspends Kmart Shipments
Shockwaves from Kmart Corp's financial difficulties have spread to Asia, with Nien Hsing Textile today saying that it is suspending shipments to the troubled retailer. The US's New York Times and Wall Street Journal say Kmart could file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today. An official at Nien Hsing, which supplies US$2-$5 million of blue jeans monthly to Kmart, told Reuters: "The orders we should have shipped for this week will be delayed, while we wait for a clear plan from Kmart to solve its financial problem."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020