JAPAN: Asics 9-month profit surges on running boom
- Net profit up 19.6% to JPY14.97bn, nine months to 31 December
- Net sales up 25.1% to JPY238.3bn
- Overseas sales surge 35.5% to JPY172m
Sporting goods business Asics posted a near-20% surge in net profit for the last nine months of 2013, boosted by strong overseas sales and a running boom.
The company is now forecasting full-year net profit of JPY15bn (US$148m) and revenues of JPY327bn following sales increases of 4.2% and 35.5% for its domestic and overseas markets respectively.
“In the sporting goods industry, business was steady on the back of a high level of interest in sport owing to rising health consciousness, as well as a running boom,” the Japanese company said.
In Japan, revenues were boosted by steady sales of walking shoes and Onitsuka Tiger shoes, as well as the expansion of Asics’ store base and strong sales of running shoes and baseball equipment.
Meanwhile, overseas sales were driven by strong growth for running shoes in the Americas, Europe and other regions, as well as the effects of foreign exchange rates.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Sporting apparel and footwear business Asics recorded a second quarter net profit of almost JPY25bn thanks to continued interest in sports overall, and running in particular....
This analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Clothing Manufacturers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a written and graphical analysis – a...
Plimsoll’s Clothing Wholesalers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Clothing Wholesalers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a ...
Plimsoll Publishing’s FOOTWEAR (Asia) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the FOOTWEAR (Asia) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1000 companies , including AN LAC ...
Plimsoll’s Footwear Retailers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Retailers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a writ...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory