JAPAN: Asics 9-month profit surges on running boom
- Net profit up 19.6% to JPY14.97bn, nine months to 31 December
- Net sales up 25.1% to JPY238.3bn
- Overseas sales surge 35.5% to JPY172m
Sporting goods business Asics posted a near-20% surge in net profit for the last nine months of 2013, boosted by strong overseas sales and a running boom.
The company is now forecasting full-year net profit of JPY15bn (US$148m) and revenues of JPY327bn following sales increases of 4.2% and 35.5% for its domestic and overseas markets respectively.
“In the sporting goods industry, business was steady on the back of a high level of interest in sport owing to rising health consciousness, as well as a running boom,” the Japanese company said.
In Japan, revenues were boosted by steady sales of walking shoes and Onitsuka Tiger shoes, as well as the expansion of Asics’ store base and strong sales of running shoes and baseball equipment.
Meanwhile, overseas sales were driven by strong growth for running shoes in the Americas, Europe and other regions, as well as the effects of foreign exchange rates.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies