JAPAN: Asics brings out heat-retaining swimwear
Sportswear makers in Japan are answering demand for swimwear that helps retain body heat by using textiles with raised fibres, primarily designed for the country's chilly public pools.
Asics Corp released its Hoon Separates collection in September, which has raised fibres on the skin side to reduce coldness when the wearer gets out of the water.
By Michael Fitzpatrick.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Adidas Group has reacted to criticism yesterday (21 April) of working conditions among global sportswear suppliers, saying the report that the accusations were based on lacked clarity and accuracy....
A global trade union organisation has slammed leading sportswear companies for allegedly allowing violations of workers rights by suppliers in some Asian countries to become an "industry norm"....
Sports goods company Asics has moved to clarify its plans for retail expansion in mainland China....
Sports goods company Asics in the midst of a retail expansion programme on the Chinese mainland involving its Onitsuka Tiger brand, according to local press reports....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts