JAPAN: Asics details China expansion plans
Sports goods company Asics has moved to clarify its plans for retail expansion in mainland China.
Following local press reports, the Japanese company told just-style that its Chinese subsidiary is planning to open two flagship stores in Beijing and Shanghai.
This follows the opening of four Onitsuka Tiger-branded stores in China during January, bringing the total number of outlets to 14 in the market.
Asics is now projecting total wholesale revenues for 2008 from the 14 Onitsuka Tiger stores of about JPY400m (US$3.9m).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Core values have served Japan's Asics Corporation well down the years, and are continuing to do so at a time when the world is trying to come to grips with the worst global economic crisis in living m...
As the start of this summer's Beijing Olympics attracts around four billion onlookers from over 200 countries, leading brands are tussling for the inside lane and marketing gold. Joe Ayling reports on...
The European Commission this week revealed details of its next three-year tranche of trade preferences for developing countries - and confirmed reports published on just-style last month that it inten...
Sales of fashion-focused athletic shoes are racing ahead of those designed for a specific sport according to new figures released this week....
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack