Asics in PLM investment amid global growth plans
Japanese sporting goods giant Asics Corporation has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to strengthen its product development capabilities as part of wider plans to drive global growth.
The company has selected the Centric 8 PLM system from Centric Software to help standardise processes, reduce time to market, cut costs, increase productivity and improve product quality.
"Our PLM project is challenging due to its global nature," says Takahiro Mizumoto, manager, SCM solution team, global IT division for Asics Corp.
Centric will be used by the company's three brands – Asics, Onitsuka Tiger and Asics Tiger – across all departments and suppliers in America, Asia and Europe. In total, this will cover around 1,800 users.
In February the company outlined a five year strategic plan – Asics Growth Plan 2020 – as it revealed higher full-year sales but a fall in earnings.
Asics is Centric's second major customer in Japan and its first sporting goods customer in the country. The product lifecycle management (PLM) solution provider opened its Tokyo office earlier this month as part of its ongoing expansion into the Asian market.
Last week, Centric also announced it has developed a field testing mobile app designed to help apparel and footwear companies track the usage and performance of prototypes and samples.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Private equity firm Koch Equity Development has completed its US$2bn investment in business softwear supplier Infor....
The growing awareness of the benefits of being healthy and maintaining physical fitness among the global population is aiding in increasing the popularity of running, as it is considered as one of the...
US fashion company One Jeanswear Group is now able to make real-time changes without negatively impacting its workflow, thanks to the successful implementation of new product lifecycle management (PLM...
About the Sports Footwear Market. The global market for sports footwear has been divided into six product segments: cleats, running footwear, court game shoes, gym and training shoes, athleisure, and...
This report provides information on the latest developments in anti-counterfeiting, environmentally sustainable materials, environmentally sustainable water repellent treatments, fabric technologies, ...
French fur company Hotel Particulier, has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help improve quality and boost time to market....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Clothing Wholesalers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Clothing Wholesalers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 500...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022