US: Askin to lead Gerber Technology software solutions
Gerber Technology today (8 December) named Donny Askin as president of its Software Solutions business.
In this role he will manage the strategic direction of the company's flagship product, the AccuMark pattern design, grading and marker making system and its fast-growing YuniquePLM product lifecycle management solution.
Askin brings extensive technology and software leadership experience to the post. He most recently served as CEO and chairman of Arigo, a venture-backed company that provides private label, global sourcing and trade management supply chain solutions to some of the world's leading retailers, brand owners and wholesalers.
He also founded CommercialWare Inc, a company that integrated online, call centre and brick-and-mortar store transactions for many leading retailers that was acquired in 2006 by Micros Systems.
Working with Askin will be Bill Brewster, who has been overseeing the growth of Gerber's software business since the acquisition of YuniquePLM in December 2009. He will serve as vice president, global sales and marketing for the Software Solutions business.
"I am pleased that Donny and Bill have joined forces to continue to drive the energy and momentum of our software business," noted Marc Giles, president of Gerber Technology.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Walmart created a stir back in 2009 when it announced an ambitious programme for sustainability reporting. Its goal was to develop a Sustainability Index to assess the environmental impacts of every i...
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the...
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective