UK: Asos coy on director departure after share sale
Online fashion retailer Asos has remained coy on speculation that product director and executive director Robert Bready may exit the company after he sold all of his shares in the firm.
In an announcement on the stock exchange, Asos said Bready sold 143,125 ordinary shares at GBP0.35 (US$0.55) each at an average price of GBP1.818 on Monday (16 July). He now has no shares in the company.
Earlier this year, Bready was granted 788,604 shares worth GBP0.35, which will allocated on 30 September 2012 and 30 September 2013.
However, a spokesperson for the company said: "There is no statement to confirm the speculation referenced."
Earlier this month, the online retailer recorded a jump in first-quarter sales driven by strong revenues in the US and Australia, as well as an encouraging performance in the UK.
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Asos today posted another year of stellar growth, driven largely by international expansion. Results came in slightly above expectations and the company looks set to continue to grow. Here is a flavou...
Online clothing retailer Asos has recorded a jump in first quarter revenue as international sales continued to drive growth. ...
Online clothing retailer Asos has invested in second hand designer clothing website Covetique for an undisclosed amount....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019