UK: Asos coy on director departure after share sale
Online fashion retailer Asos has remained coy on speculation that product director and executive director Robert Bready may exit the company after he sold all of his shares in the firm.
In an announcement on the stock exchange, Asos said Bready sold 143,125 ordinary shares at GBP0.35 (US$0.55) each at an average price of GBP1.818 on Monday (16 July). He now has no shares in the company.
Earlier this year, Bready was granted 788,604 shares worth GBP0.35, which will allocated on 30 September 2012 and 30 September 2013.
However, a spokesperson for the company said: "There is no statement to confirm the speculation referenced."
Earlier this month, the online retailer recorded a jump in first-quarter sales driven by strong revenues in the US and Australia, as well as an encouraging performance in the UK.
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Profile offers detailed strategic analysis of the company’s business, examining its performance in the Apparel industry. The report examines company shares by region and sector, product developments, ...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Asos today posted another year of stellar growth, driven largely by international expansion. Results came in slightly above expectations and the company looks set to continue to grow. Here is a flavou...
Online clothing retailer Asos has recorded a jump in first quarter revenue as international sales continued to drive growth. ...
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges