Asos founder and CEO Robertson steps down
Robertson will remain with Asos as a non-executive director
Nick Robertson, founder and CEO of online fashion retailer Asos, has stepped down after 15 years.
Robertson, who will remain with the company as a non-executive director, has been replaced by Nick Beighton, who joined Asos as CFO in April 2009. In October last year, Beighton was named COO, widening his management responsibilities beyond finance. Helen Ashton was appointed CFO in April, succeeding Beighton.
Chairman Brian McBride said of Robertson: “His passion and vision have built a start-up into a world class company.”
He added: “Nick [Beighton] has unique experience of the company built over six years, equipping him to drives Asos along its growth trajectory to become the world’s leading online fashion retailer for 20-somethings.”
Earlier this year, the online retailer said it expected full-year sales to be at the higher end of its forecasts, after booking an impressive 20% hike in third-quarter sales. Conlumino analyst Sophie McCarthy said the results shows “Asos has the flexibility and infrastructure to continue to grow in the face of setbacks; an important quality in the volatile fashion industry”.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective