UK: Asos growth spearheaded by international sales
- H1 group revenue up 45% to GBP140m
- Gross profit increases 43%
- International retail sales account for 37% of total retail sales
UK fashion e-tailer Asos has nearly doubled its interim sales and earnings thanks in part to its global expansion moves.
For the 6 months ended 30 September 2010, Asos reported 120% growth in international sales - having launched in the US, France and Germany during the period.
Nick Robertson, CEO of Asos, said: "I am pleased to report a strong set of results for the first half with both our UK and International businesses performing well. Since the period end we have launched our French and German websites which, coupled with our US site launch in September, are all key milestones in our International expansion programme."
Click here to view the company's first-half results in full.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
UK retailers including Arcadia Group have made the headlines this week over the possibility of bringing some sourcing back home. Meanwhile, a factory in North London is proving that manufacturing in t...
Online fashion retailer Asos today (13 April) revealed that international sales have overtaken those in the UK for the first time, and that profit for the year ahead is likely to be "towards the top e...
Training provider Skillset has joined forces with UK fashion companies to provide a growing number of apprenticeships to young people wanting to enter the fashion and textile industries....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar