UK: Asos head of buying latest to exit
Andrews will leave the business on 11 December
Head of buying Ellen Andrews is the latest to leave online clothing retailer Asos after holding the position for four years.
A spokesperson for Asos said Andrews will leave the business on 11 December to pursue new projects.
Andrews previously worked at department store retailer House of Fraser before joining Asos seven years ago.
The news comes after Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, stepped down last month. Asos also appointed former M&S clothing boss Kate Bostock as executive director of product and trading in October.
Asos saw its full-year profits soar last month on the back of international sales growth. Profit before tax jumped 217% to GBP40m (US$63.8m) over the year, while revenue increased 37% to GBP552.8m.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack