UK: Asos head of buying latest to exit
Andrews will leave the business on 11 December
Head of buying Ellen Andrews is the latest to leave online clothing retailer Asos after holding the position for four years.
A spokesperson for Asos said Andrews will leave the business on 11 December to pursue new projects.
Andrews previously worked at department store retailer House of Fraser before joining Asos seven years ago.
The news comes after Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, stepped down last month. Asos also appointed former M&S clothing boss Kate Bostock as executive director of product and trading in October.
Asos saw its full-year profits soar last month on the back of international sales growth. Profit before tax jumped 217% to GBP40m (US$63.8m) over the year, while revenue increased 37% to GBP552.8m.
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Profile offers detailed strategic analysis of the company’s business, examining its performance in the Apparel industry. The report examines company shares by region and sector, product developments, ...
“Global Packaging Survey 2013–2014: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Packaging Industry” is a new report that analyzes how packaging industry supplier companies’ media...
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report