UK: Asos head of buying latest to exit
Andrews will leave the business on 11 December
Head of buying Ellen Andrews is the latest to leave online clothing retailer Asos after holding the position for four years.
A spokesperson for Asos said Andrews will leave the business on 11 December to pursue new projects.
Andrews previously worked at department store retailer House of Fraser before joining Asos seven years ago.
The news comes after Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, stepped down last month. Asos also appointed former M&S clothing boss Kate Bostock as executive director of product and trading in October.
Asos saw its full-year profits soar last month on the back of international sales growth. Profit before tax jumped 217% to GBP40m (US$63.8m) over the year, while revenue increased 37% to GBP552.8m.
“Global Packaging Survey 2013–2014: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Packaging Industry” is a new report that analyzes how packaging industry supplier companies’ media...
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019