UK: Asos head of women's wear buying departs
Online clothing retailer Asos has confirmed that Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
Separately, Asos revealed that international sales director Matt Hiscock will be moving to the firm's US office to take on the role of country manager.
However, the retailer denied reports it has created a marketing director role in the US to accelerate growth in the country. "Asos has not created a US marketing director role," a spokesperson for the company told just-style.
Hiscock will not take on the role of marketing director, she added.
Earlier this month, Brian McBride was appointed as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
The retailer will release its full-year results for the year ended 31 August on Thursday (25 October).
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Hanesbrands eyes 600 job cuts in restructure