UK: Asos head of women's wear buying departs
Online clothing retailer Asos has confirmed that Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
Separately, Asos revealed that international sales director Matt Hiscock will be moving to the firm's US office to take on the role of country manager.
However, the retailer denied reports it has created a marketing director role in the US to accelerate growth in the country. "Asos has not created a US marketing director role," a spokesperson for the company told just-style.
Hiscock will not take on the role of marketing director, she added.
Earlier this month, Brian McBride was appointed as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
The retailer will release its full-year results for the year ended 31 August on Thursday (25 October).
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange