UK: Asos head of women's wear buying departs
Online clothing retailer Asos has confirmed that Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
Separately, Asos revealed that international sales director Matt Hiscock will be moving to the firm's US office to take on the role of country manager.
However, the retailer denied reports it has created a marketing director role in the US to accelerate growth in the country. "Asos has not created a US marketing director role," a spokesperson for the company told just-style.
Hiscock will not take on the role of marketing director, she added.
Earlier this month, Brian McBride was appointed as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
The retailer will release its full-year results for the year ended 31 August on Thursday (25 October).
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019