UK: Asos head of women's wear buying departs
Online clothing retailer Asos has confirmed that Moriamo Oshodi, head of buying for trend brands, branded accessories and beauty, has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
Separately, Asos revealed that international sales director Matt Hiscock will be moving to the firm's US office to take on the role of country manager.
However, the retailer denied reports it has created a marketing director role in the US to accelerate growth in the country. "Asos has not created a US marketing director role," a spokesperson for the company told just-style.
Hiscock will not take on the role of marketing director, she added.
Earlier this month, Brian McBride was appointed as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli.
The retailer will release its full-year results for the year ended 31 August on Thursday (25 October).
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead