UK: Asos names former M&S finance director to board
UK online clothing retailer Asos has appointed former Marks & Spencer executive Ian Dyson as a senior independent and non-executive director.
Dyson was group finance and operations director of M&S from 2005-2010 before becoming chief executive of Punch Taverns in 2010.
"Ian has a wealth of experience of being at the forefront of large UK listed consumer-led businesses and has strong understanding of both the retail industry and of technology," said Asos CEO Brian McBride.
"He brings a new perspective to an already experienced non-executive team and we welcome him to the Asos board."
Despite another challenging year for retailers in 2013, international expansion, support for workers in the clothing supply chain, and innovative merchandise were on the list of accomplishments for so...
UK-based retail giant Arcadia Group has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora across its brands, which include Miss Selfridge, Topshop, BHS, Dorothy Perkins and Wallis....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at Asos Christmas retail sales, key apparel industry issues to watch this year, and the discovery of hazardous chemicals in children's wear...
Internet and catalogue retailer N Brown has unveiled international expansion plans after reporting "robust" sales growth during the Christmas trading period....
Online fashion retailer Asos reported another robust sales surge in the last four months of 2013, with UK retail sales rises matching international revenue growth....
UK value fashion retailer New Look has joined a raft of apparel companies in banning the use of angora wool in all of its products....
Spanish retail group Inditex, owner of the Zara fashion brand, has joined a raft of apparel companies in halting the use of angora wool in all of its products....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack