UK: Asos posts full-year profits jump
- Profit before tax rose 93% to GBP30.3m
- Revenue increased 46% to GBP494.9m
- International sales increased 103%
Online clothing retailer Asos has reported a jump in full-year profits as the company saw sales boosted by stellar international growth.
The retailer today (24 May) reported that profit before tax was up 93% to reach GBP30.3m (US$47.5m) over the year ended 31 March.
Revenue increased 46% over the year to GBP494.9m, with retail sales increasing 49% to GBP481.6m.
Over the year, international sales rose 103% to account for 59% of total sales, rising from 43% in the prior year. UK sales increased 7% on the prior year.
"I am pleased to report another strong year for ASOS, with retail sales up 49% to £481.6m and profit up 43% to GBP40.9m," said CEO Nick Robertson.
"During the year, we successfully launched country specific sites in Australia, Spain and Italy. We completed the year with further penetration into existing international markets and substantial expansion into new territories. Additionally our successful transition to a new 530,000 sq ft warehouse in Barnsley became fully operational in June 2011.
"We remain positive in our outlook for 2012/13 as we continue our journey to becoming the world's number one online fashion destination."
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Asos today posted another year of stellar growth, driven largely by international expansion. Results came in slightly above expectations and the company looks set to continue to grow. Here is a flavou...
Fashion retailer Hobbs today (12 November) has strengthened its management team with a new director of buying and merchandising after booking a 9% jump in sales in the last nine months....
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
Online retailer Asos saw full-year profits soar on the back of international sales growth. ...
Internet retail giant Amazon has denied reports it is considering a bid for online clothing retailer Asos to drive fashion growth....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide