UK: Asos Q4 revenues up 31% on international growth
- Q4 group revenues up 31% to GBP145.2m
- Retail sales up 31% to GBP141m
- International sales surge 42% to GBP91.2m
Online fashion retailer Asos recorded a 31% increase in fourth quarter revenues, boosted by a strong performance from the company’s overseas operations.
Retail sales in the US, EU and rest of the world rose 65%, 22% and 53% respectively, with the effect that international sales now account for 65% of the company’s total, up from 60% in last year’s fourth quarter.
Asos said it had 5m active customers at the close of the quarter on 31 August, up 35% year-on-year.
“Our sales performance in those markets where we have a website continues to outperform,” said Nick Robertson, company CEO.
Retail gross margin improved by 70bps in the period, he added, predicting that profit for the year was expected to be in line with expectations.
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details