UK: Asos taps former Amazon exec as chairman
Online fashion retailer Asos Plc has appointed Brian McBride as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli who has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
McBride, who will join Asos on 1 November, is the former managing director of internet retail giant Amazon in the UK.
"Brian is joining at an exciting time, as we continue to internationalise the business and march towards our target of GBP1bn (US$1.6bn) sales per annum," noted Asos CEO Nick Robertson. "He has a wealth of relevant experience, not just in e-commerce and technology but in fast growth International businesses."
Last month, Asos booked a 31% rise in fourth quarter revenues, driven by a strong performance from the retailer's overseas operations. Retail sales in the US, EU and rest of the world increased 65%, 22% and 53% respectively.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
Online fashion retailer Asos has posted strong trading over the Christmas period, with retail sales rising 41% during December....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis