UK: Asos taps former Amazon exec as chairman
Online fashion retailer Asos Plc has appointed Brian McBride as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli who has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
McBride, who will join Asos on 1 November, is the former managing director of internet retail giant Amazon in the UK.
"Brian is joining at an exciting time, as we continue to internationalise the business and march towards our target of GBP1bn (US$1.6bn) sales per annum," noted Asos CEO Nick Robertson. "He has a wealth of relevant experience, not just in e-commerce and technology but in fast growth International businesses."
Last month, Asos booked a 31% rise in fourth quarter revenues, driven by a strong performance from the retailer's overseas operations. Retail sales in the US, EU and rest of the world increased 65%, 22% and 53% respectively.
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020