UK: Asos taps former Amazon exec as chairman
Online fashion retailer Asos Plc has appointed Brian McBride as non-executive chairman, replacing Lord Waheed Alli who has stepped down after 12 years with the company.
McBride, who will join Asos on 1 November, is the former managing director of internet retail giant Amazon in the UK.
"Brian is joining at an exciting time, as we continue to internationalise the business and march towards our target of GBP1bn (US$1.6bn) sales per annum," noted Asos CEO Nick Robertson. "He has a wealth of relevant experience, not just in e-commerce and technology but in fast growth International businesses."
Last month, Asos booked a 31% rise in fourth quarter revenues, driven by a strong performance from the retailer's overseas operations. Retail sales in the US, EU and rest of the world increased 65%, 22% and 53% respectively.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
Online fashion retailer Asos has posted strong trading over the Christmas period, with retail sales rising 41% during December....
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- US apparel prices continue to fall