USA: Associations Call For Trade Policy Overhaul
Four major US trade associations, involved in importing textiles and apparel into the US, have appealed to the government for a revamp of its current trade policies to take into account the up and coming changes in the country's textile industry. In a joint letter to the US Trade Representative and the Secretaries of State for Commerce, Labour and the Treasury, the American Apparel and Footwear Association, the International Mass Retailers Association, the National retail Federation and the US Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel, said: "For some 30 years US textile policy has been guided by an executive order drafted for an era when there were more than twice the number of US textile and apparel manufacturing jobs and the apparel market was less than one-thirtieth of the size it is today. The result is that America does not have a current textile and apparel trade policy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts