USA: Associations Call For Trade Policy Overhaul
Four major US trade associations, involved in importing textiles and apparel into the US, have appealed to the government for a revamp of its current trade policies to take into account the up and coming changes in the country's textile industry. In a joint letter to the US Trade Representative and the Secretaries of State for Commerce, Labour and the Treasury, the American Apparel and Footwear Association, the International Mass Retailers Association, the National retail Federation and the US Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel, said: "For some 30 years US textile policy has been guided by an executive order drafted for an era when there were more than twice the number of US textile and apparel manufacturing jobs and the apparel market was less than one-thirtieth of the size it is today. The result is that America does not have a current textile and apparel trade policy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020