US: Athletic footwear sales lift Shoe Carnival Q1
- Q1 earnings edged up 7.6% to $9.9m
- Net sales rose 4.7% to $198.5m
- Same-store sales increased 3.4%
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has seen its first quarter profit rise 7.6% thanks to higher sales and controlled expenses.
"Athletic footwear, especially certain running styles, along with women's sport styled sandals contributed significantly to our first quarter comparable store sales increase," said Mark Lemond, president and CEO.
He added: "Our implementation team is making significant progress towards our goal of launching an e-commerce platform in the second half of this year. We are excited about the introduction of this new platform for sales growth and the national branding opportunity it will enable."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has seen its third quarter profit jump 15.4% thanks to "record" sales....
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc says inclement weather in the second quarter led to a lower footfall in its stores and pushed earnings down by 34%....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar