CANADA: Atlantic Sportswear recalls soft shell jackets
Atlantic Sportswear has recalled around 360 girl's soft shell jackets because the drawstrings around the neck can pose a strangulation hazard.
The jackets (model G4508F), which were manufactured in China, were sold at l'Aubainerie from July 2013 to March this year.
Neither Atlantic Sportswear nor Health Canada has received reports of incidents or injuries related to products.
Atlantic Sportswear recalls the Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F with neck drawstrings
Atlantic Sportswear Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F (REMBRANDT CLASSIC) with neck drawstrings
The recall involves Atlantic Sportswear Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F (REMBRANDT CLASSIC) with neck drawstrings.
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that drawstrings on children's upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of vehicle, the child being dragged.
Neither Atlantic Sportswear nor Health Canada has received reports of consumer incidents or injuries related to the use of these products.
For more information on the hazards related to drawstrings on children's upper outerwear and for tips to help consumers eliminate these hazards, see Health Canada's: 'Is Your Child Safe', 'Industry Guide to Second-hand Products', and 'Children's Sleepwear: Flammability Requirement Guidelines'.
Approximately 360 soft shell jackets were sold at l'Aubainerie.
Time period sold
The recalled products were sold from July 2013 to March 2014.
Place of origin
Manufactured in China.
- Atlantic Sportswear
Original source: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/38381r-eng.php
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske