CANADA: Atlantic Sportswear recalls soft shell jackets
Atlantic Sportswear has recalled around 360 girl's soft shell jackets because the drawstrings around the neck can pose a strangulation hazard.
The jackets (model G4508F), which were manufactured in China, were sold at l'Aubainerie from July 2013 to March this year.
Neither Atlantic Sportswear nor Health Canada has received reports of incidents or injuries related to products.
Atlantic Sportswear recalls the Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F with neck drawstrings
Atlantic Sportswear Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F (REMBRANDT CLASSIC) with neck drawstrings
The recall involves Atlantic Sportswear Girl's soft shell jacket model G4508F (REMBRANDT CLASSIC) with neck drawstrings.
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that drawstrings on children's upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of vehicle, the child being dragged.
Neither Atlantic Sportswear nor Health Canada has received reports of consumer incidents or injuries related to the use of these products.
For more information on the hazards related to drawstrings on children's upper outerwear and for tips to help consumers eliminate these hazards, see Health Canada's: 'Is Your Child Safe', 'Industry Guide to Second-hand Products', and 'Children's Sleepwear: Flammability Requirement Guidelines'.
Approximately 360 soft shell jackets were sold at l'Aubainerie.
Time period sold
The recalled products were sold from July 2013 to March 2014.
Place of origin
Manufactured in China.
- Atlantic Sportswear
Original source: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/38381r-eng.php
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies