USA: ATMI 2001 Safety And Health Conference Announced For March
The American Textile Manufacturers Institute (ATMI) has announced that it will be hosting its annual safety and health conference on March 5-6 at The Grove Park Inn in Asheville, N.C.
The conference, entitled "Safety & Health Management: Effective Methods and tools," will present some of the latest information on critical safety and health issues facing the US textile industry.
The conference's keynote speech, "Doing More With Less," will be presented by Roger W Chastain, ATMI president and president, chief operating officer and director of Mount Vernon Mills, Inc, In Greenville, S.C.
Sessions on crisis communications, risk management programs, employee/management partnerships in safety and a regulatory forecast will also feature at the conference.
Four concurrent sessions on a Varity of technical topics will be presented, including Medical Management of Musculoskeletal Disorders by Dr. Harold Imbus, a well-known expert in occupational medicine.
The conference has even added a new "early bird" session on the final recordkeeping rule and will also feature a Safety and health fair with a variety of exhibitors.
"The US textile industry has a long-standing commitment to workplace safety and health. This conference will assist participants on managing effective safety and health programs by addressing current issues affecting the workplace," said ATMI executive vice president Carlos Moore.
"Safety and health directors, plant managers and training and education personnel will benefit from hearing the speakers at the conference."For more information and registration details visit the ATMI website at: www.atmi.org .
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective