UK: Aurora Fashions considering Coast spin-off?
Aurora Fashions could be considering spinning off its occasion wear brand Coast.
Speculation about the future of the label follows a report by The Independent, which said Aurora Fashions is looking to separate Coast from the rest of the group to improve its long-term prospects of selling the chain.
The company operates 41 standalone Coast stores in the UK, 166 concessions in the UK, as well as 109 stores internationally. Aurora also owns the Warehouse and Oasis brands. The company spun off the Karen Millen brand in 2011.
A spokesperson for Aurora Fashions told just-style today: "What we can say in response to the article is that as part of the on-going business of a dynamic company, we continually review our strategy and our operations to ensure we're optimising the structure of the group and delivering value to shareholders.
"It's always our intention to share any relevant business decisions with our employees first, so we will not be commenting on market rumour and speculation."
The report also claimed that Aurora chief executive Mike Shearwood could be considering a management buy-out of the Karen Millen chain.
"Regarding Karen Millen, we've always been clear about our commitment to the growth of Karen Millen. This has not changed but we have no current plans to sell the business," the spokesperson added.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020