UK: Aurora Fashions considering Coast spin-off?
Aurora Fashions could be considering spinning off its occasion wear brand Coast.
Speculation about the future of the label follows a report by The Independent, which said Aurora Fashions is looking to separate Coast from the rest of the group to improve its long-term prospects of selling the chain.
The company operates 41 standalone Coast stores in the UK, 166 concessions in the UK, as well as 109 stores internationally. Aurora also owns the Warehouse and Oasis brands. The company spun off the Karen Millen brand in 2011.
A spokesperson for Aurora Fashions told just-style today: "What we can say in response to the article is that as part of the on-going business of a dynamic company, we continually review our strategy and our operations to ensure we're optimising the structure of the group and delivering value to shareholders.
"It's always our intention to share any relevant business decisions with our employees first, so we will not be commenting on market rumour and speculation."
The report also claimed that Aurora chief executive Mike Shearwood could be considering a management buy-out of the Karen Millen chain.
"Regarding Karen Millen, we've always been clear about our commitment to the growth of Karen Millen. This has not changed but we have no current plans to sell the business," the spokesperson added.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019