UK: Aurora Fashions considering Coast spin-off?
Aurora Fashions could be considering spinning off its occasion wear brand Coast.
Speculation about the future of the label follows a report by The Independent, which said Aurora Fashions is looking to separate Coast from the rest of the group to improve its long-term prospects of selling the chain.
The company operates 41 standalone Coast stores in the UK, 166 concessions in the UK, as well as 109 stores internationally. Aurora also owns the Warehouse and Oasis brands. The company spun off the Karen Millen brand in 2011.
A spokesperson for Aurora Fashions told just-style today: "What we can say in response to the article is that as part of the on-going business of a dynamic company, we continually review our strategy and our operations to ensure we're optimising the structure of the group and delivering value to shareholders.
"It's always our intention to share any relevant business decisions with our employees first, so we will not be commenting on market rumour and speculation."
The report also claimed that Aurora chief executive Mike Shearwood could be considering a management buy-out of the Karen Millen chain.
"Regarding Karen Millen, we've always been clear about our commitment to the growth of Karen Millen. This has not changed but we have no current plans to sell the business," the spokesperson added.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019