USA: Aussie Apparel Close To Bluetorch TM Deal
Clothing company Aussie Apparel Group Ltd on Wednesday it had signed a letter-of-intent to acquire the extreme sports-related Bluetorch trademark and other intellectual property for an undisclosed amount.
The California-based firm, whose brands include Hot Tuna and Xisle, said the potential deal with GBI would allow it to utilise the Bluetorch name in all categories with the exception of Bluetorch TV whose rights are owned by Fox Sports Net.
Aussie Apparel president and CEO, Bruce MacGregor, said: "As we have previously stated, we continue to look for acquisition candidates that will contribute to our revenue goal of $280 million over the next five years. The Bluetorch letter-of-intent is consistent with this objective."
He added both parties anticipate a definitive agreement within four weeks.
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores