AUSTRALIA: Australian Wool Services MD Conners To Retire
AWS chairman Trevor Flugge said the replacement for Conners, who will retire in the first half of 2004, will oversee the company's operations in Australia and Europe.
During his nine-year tenure as managing director, Conners has overseen the acquisition of New Zealand-based textile machinery maker Andar and the development of numerous wool innovations.
"A large cross section of the wool industry have shown huge support and respect for David's leadership of the company during a challenging period for the wool industry," Flugge said.
"David is well known the world over in the textile industry and has developed close business relationships with retailers, textile companies and multinational home laundry businesses.
"The board thanks David for his supreme efforts made in the transition of The Woolmark Company from the former statutory marketing authority to a private company with a shareholder focus and providing the potential for future growth and expansion."
SDL Atlas, the supplier of textile testing equipment, has been signed up as the exclusive global agent for Tinius Olsen universal testing machines (UTMs)....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack