POLAND: Australian Woolgrowers Eye Renewed Textile Industry
Research by Woolmark has found that Poland's textile industry is on the road to recovery following the devastation wrought by the collapse of the Communist regime, the Herald and Weekly Times reported.
And it says that Poland's recovery presents an excellent opportunity to the new Australian Wool Services and its subsidiaries as it strives to ensure a secure future for Australian woolgrowers.
During the era of the Soviet bloc, Poland was second only to Russia among the Eastern Bloc as the biggest customers for Australian wool. The country had an extensive textile industry and was an important supplier of goods to other members of the bloc.
A survey by Woolmark's international market development section last year found that Poland's wool textile industry operators are desperate to restore their industry's status as a major producer and exporter. Poland has sound traditions in textile production, but it needs the sort of support Australia has been giving, for example, to China.
This support would be in the areas of advice on correct wool specification, raising the quality of finished products and the use of modern technology and machinery in textile mills.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDL Atlas, the supplier of textile testing equipment, has been signed up as the exclusive global agent for Tinius Olsen universal testing machines (UTMs)....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022