AUSTRALIA: Austrim To Close Textile Plant, 150 Jobs To Go
Diversified manufacturer Austrim Nylex has announced plans to close its Coburg textile plant in Melbourne. On April 11, the company said 150 jobs will be lost, and that most of the work at the plant will be transferred to other factories. Experts say the decision will save the company between A$5m and A$8m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores