UK: Automatic Braiding Moves UK Headquarters
Elastic waistband company Automatic Braiding Limited has switched its UK head office location to a new site, more than doubling its research and development capacity.
The company has moved from its old site in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, to a new location three miles away on the Asfordby Business Park.
The moves comes as part of Automatic Braiding UK's plan to become the hub of new product development for the company's global operations.
Automatic Braiding's new site will contain eight automated crochet knitting and knit-braiding machines that will be dedicated to producing new and innovative elasticated products, doubling the number of machines previously used for research and development.
The company will have an annual target to design and produce at least 200 unique elasticated solutions for garments ranging from high performance sports and super-comfort underwear to fashion and work wear.
Peter Easom, technical director of Automatic Braiding Limited said: "We have already built up an enviable library of unique elasticated waistband, tape and cord solutions and anticipate a huge demand for this specialist service from our customers worldwide."
From its new UK head office Automatic Braiding will continue to co-ordinate its volume production requirements through its extended manufacturing plant in Morocco and to manage its expanding global operations in Sri Lanka and France. It will also continue to manage its presence in Belgium, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Malta, Sweden, Romania, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020