US: Avery Dennison launches anti-pucker ‘stretch’ tapes
A new range of anti-pucker branded tapes has been launched by Avery Dennison Corporation for manufacturers producing stretch garments.
The woven and printed 'stretch' tapes can be used with a wide variety of different fabrics, including those with moderate stretch, and are suitable for neck tapes, waistbands, trims and packaging bands for garments such as for sports, kids and casual wear.
Crucially, the tapes are anti-puckering, even when steam-pressed, and their durability has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C.
The new woven and printed polyester branded tapes can also be stretched up to 10-15% without any deterioration in look or feel.
"Regular rigid tapes pucker when fabric recovers after stretching, but the new stretch tapes were designed to eliminate this problem," explains Barbara Weightman, Avery Dennison director, product management, woven labels.
"When sewn into a product, they move easily with the garment and relax back into place without restricting movement."
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Nike has unveiled its 2010 series of national football team kits ahead of this year's World Cup in South Africa....
Textured yarn maker Unifi Inc has set up operations in El Salvador to provide a base for customers sourcing from the Central American region....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey