US: Avery Dennison launches anti-pucker ‘stretch’ tapes
A new range of anti-pucker branded tapes has been launched by Avery Dennison Corporation for manufacturers producing stretch garments.
The woven and printed 'stretch' tapes can be used with a wide variety of different fabrics, including those with moderate stretch, and are suitable for neck tapes, waistbands, trims and packaging bands for garments such as for sports, kids and casual wear.
Crucially, the tapes are anti-puckering, even when steam-pressed, and their durability has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C.
The new woven and printed polyester branded tapes can also be stretched up to 10-15% without any deterioration in look or feel.
"Regular rigid tapes pucker when fabric recovers after stretching, but the new stretch tapes were designed to eliminate this problem," explains Barbara Weightman, Avery Dennison director, product management, woven labels.
"When sewn into a product, they move easily with the garment and relax back into place without restricting movement."
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Nike has unveiled its 2010 series of national football team kits ahead of this year's World Cup in South Africa....
Textured yarn maker Unifi Inc has set up operations in El Salvador to provide a base for customers sourcing from the Central American region....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead