US: Avery Dennison launches anti-pucker ‘stretch’ tapes
A new range of anti-pucker branded tapes has been launched by Avery Dennison Corporation for manufacturers producing stretch garments.
The woven and printed 'stretch' tapes can be used with a wide variety of different fabrics, including those with moderate stretch, and are suitable for neck tapes, waistbands, trims and packaging bands for garments such as for sports, kids and casual wear.
Crucially, the tapes are anti-puckering, even when steam-pressed, and their durability has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C.
The new woven and printed polyester branded tapes can also be stretched up to 10-15% without any deterioration in look or feel.
"Regular rigid tapes pucker when fabric recovers after stretching, but the new stretch tapes were designed to eliminate this problem," explains Barbara Weightman, Avery Dennison director, product management, woven labels.
"When sewn into a product, they move easily with the garment and relax back into place without restricting movement."
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Nike has unveiled its 2010 series of national football team kits ahead of this year's World Cup in South Africa....
Textured yarn maker Unifi Inc has set up operations in El Salvador to provide a base for customers sourcing from the Central American region....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre