UK: Avery Dennison launches surface effect labels
Avery Dennison Corporation has launched a range of labels and trims with a new surface effect that add a distinctive touch to branded garments.
The new technique can be applied to all Avery Dennison woven edge polyester tapes where it creates a non-uniform, random crinkling effect that adds texture and definition.
The effect is said to be highly durable - and has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C and dry-cleaning.
Surface effect tapes and labels can be printed in up to six colours to maximise impact for a range of branding applications, from women's, men's and formal wear through to kids' wear, casual wear and intimates.
"Labels and trim with this eye-catching surface effect offer a new look that will enhance and add value to garments," says Chris Caldwell, marketing manager, printed fabric label at Avery Dennison.
"The finish is unique but has minimal added cost, making this an affordable and desirable solution."
UK fast fashion chain Primark has confirmed to just-style that its long-serving head of finance, Paddy Prior, will be retiring to make way for a new chief financial officer (CFO)....
Chinese apparel trading and sourcing company Indochine Textiles has signed on to WFX on-demand product development software in order to streamline its global operations under a single web-based tool....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report