UK: Avery Dennison launches surface effect labels
Avery Dennison Corporation has launched a range of labels and trims with a new surface effect that add a distinctive touch to branded garments.
The new technique can be applied to all Avery Dennison woven edge polyester tapes where it creates a non-uniform, random crinkling effect that adds texture and definition.
The effect is said to be highly durable - and has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C and dry-cleaning.
Surface effect tapes and labels can be printed in up to six colours to maximise impact for a range of branding applications, from women's, men's and formal wear through to kids' wear, casual wear and intimates.
"Labels and trim with this eye-catching surface effect offer a new look that will enhance and add value to garments," says Chris Caldwell, marketing manager, printed fabric label at Avery Dennison.
"The finish is unique but has minimal added cost, making this an affordable and desirable solution."
UK fast fashion chain Primark has confirmed to just-style that its long-serving head of finance, Paddy Prior, will be retiring to make way for a new chief financial officer (CFO)....
Chinese apparel trading and sourcing company Indochine Textiles has signed on to WFX on-demand product development software in order to streamline its global operations under a single web-based tool....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras