UK: Avery Dennison launches surface effect labels
Avery Dennison Corporation has launched a range of labels and trims with a new surface effect that add a distinctive touch to branded garments.
The new technique can be applied to all Avery Dennison woven edge polyester tapes where it creates a non-uniform, random crinkling effect that adds texture and definition.
The effect is said to be highly durable - and has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C and dry-cleaning.
Surface effect tapes and labels can be printed in up to six colours to maximise impact for a range of branding applications, from women's, men's and formal wear through to kids' wear, casual wear and intimates.
"Labels and trim with this eye-catching surface effect offer a new look that will enhance and add value to garments," says Chris Caldwell, marketing manager, printed fabric label at Avery Dennison.
"The finish is unique but has minimal added cost, making this an affordable and desirable solution."
UK fast fashion chain Primark has confirmed to just-style that its long-serving head of finance, Paddy Prior, will be retiring to make way for a new chief financial officer (CFO)....
Chinese apparel trading and sourcing company Indochine Textiles has signed on to WFX on-demand product development software in order to streamline its global operations under a single web-based tool....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015