UK: Avery Dennison launches surface effect labels
Avery Dennison Corporation has launched a range of labels and trims with a new surface effect that add a distinctive touch to branded garments.
The new technique can be applied to all Avery Dennison woven edge polyester tapes where it creates a non-uniform, random crinkling effect that adds texture and definition.
The effect is said to be highly durable - and has been tested through 50 home launderings at 40°C and dry-cleaning.
Surface effect tapes and labels can be printed in up to six colours to maximise impact for a range of branding applications, from women's, men's and formal wear through to kids' wear, casual wear and intimates.
"Labels and trim with this eye-catching surface effect offer a new look that will enhance and add value to garments," says Chris Caldwell, marketing manager, printed fabric label at Avery Dennison.
"The finish is unique but has minimal added cost, making this an affordable and desirable solution."
UK fast fashion chain Primark has confirmed to just-style that its long-serving head of finance, Paddy Prior, will be retiring to make way for a new chief financial officer (CFO)....
Chinese apparel trading and sourcing company Indochine Textiles has signed on to WFX on-demand product development software in order to streamline its global operations under a single web-based tool....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts