US: Avery Dennison plastic staples for whiskering jeans
The fastener division of Avery Dennison Retail Information Services has developed a new Plastic Staple system for whiskering and pre-washing operations that give a faded or vintage appearance to jeans.
Unlike earlier plastic fasteners which were designed solely for attaching waistband tickets and pocket flashers, the ST9500ä Plastic Staple fasteners are strong enough to hold multiple pleats of denim tightly together during the washing process.
The needle spacing is also adjustable to secure thinner or thicker denim layers.
The fasteners can also be used to attach tickets and tags to apparel items, have a greater tensile strength than standard plastic staple fasteners, and are easier to remove than metal staples or thread.
The Plastic Staple ST9500ä System consists of a semi-automatic attacher, two needles available in fine fabric and ultra fine fabric versions, and the fasteners.
Spanish based international fashion company Desigual has used Avery Dennison's new Pathfinder Ultra Platinum technology to help streamline its entire labelling process, from re-pricing garments sold i...
Avery Dennison RFID has promoted Maggie Bidlingmaier as its global sales and marketing director....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras