US: Avery Dennison plastic staples for whiskering jeans
The fastener division of Avery Dennison Retail Information Services has developed a new Plastic Staple system for whiskering and pre-washing operations that give a faded or vintage appearance to jeans.
Unlike earlier plastic fasteners which were designed solely for attaching waistband tickets and pocket flashers, the ST9500ä Plastic Staple fasteners are strong enough to hold multiple pleats of denim tightly together during the washing process.
The needle spacing is also adjustable to secure thinner or thicker denim layers.
The fasteners can also be used to attach tickets and tags to apparel items, have a greater tensile strength than standard plastic staple fasteners, and are easier to remove than metal staples or thread.
The Plastic Staple ST9500ä System consists of a semi-automatic attacher, two needles available in fine fabric and ultra fine fabric versions, and the fasteners.
Spanish based international fashion company Desigual has used Avery Dennison's new Pathfinder Ultra Platinum technology to help streamline its entire labelling process, from re-pricing garments sold i...
Avery Dennison RFID has promoted Maggie Bidlingmaier as its global sales and marketing director....
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift