US: Avery Dennison upgrades Defense RFID solution
Avery Dennison's ItemSight solution for Department of Defense (DoD) apparel and textile RFID compliance mandates has been upgraded so that it now supports the tracking of orders to subcontractors.
The upgraded solution features a new Subcontractor Module that passes orders to an apparel producer's vendors and enables the vendors to supply data back to the manufacturer in a format required by the DoD.
The module tracks a host of data for each subcontractor, including contract size, the quantity of finished goods and the quantity of goods remaining to be produced.
"The DoD has a rating system that rewards companies that submit data accurately and in accordance with their RFID requirements," said Mike Shabet, Avery Dennison global sales manager.
"The reward is faster payment. Plus, a higher ranking in the rating system shows the company in a more favourable light for the awarding of future contracts."
The ItemSight solution consists of ItemSight software, a Psion Model 7525C handheld scanner, a docking station, a three-year service contract on hardware, and pre-encoded, pre-serialised RFID carton and pallet labels.
RFID specialist Alien Technology has secured a new garment tracking installation deal with the apparel division of Eren Holding....
A range of distressed patent leather patches has been launched for manufacturers of upscale jeans who are looking for new ways to differentiate their brands....
The organisers of IMB 2009: World of Textile Processing, the technology trade fair for the textiles and clothing sector, say they are expecting 25,000 trade visitors from around 100 countries to visit...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Declining sales push Coldwater Creek to bankruptcy
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects