US: Avery Dennison upgrades Defense RFID solution
Avery Dennison's ItemSight solution for Department of Defense (DoD) apparel and textile RFID compliance mandates has been upgraded so that it now supports the tracking of orders to subcontractors.
The upgraded solution features a new Subcontractor Module that passes orders to an apparel producer's vendors and enables the vendors to supply data back to the manufacturer in a format required by the DoD.
The module tracks a host of data for each subcontractor, including contract size, the quantity of finished goods and the quantity of goods remaining to be produced.
"The DoD has a rating system that rewards companies that submit data accurately and in accordance with their RFID requirements," said Mike Shabet, Avery Dennison global sales manager.
"The reward is faster payment. Plus, a higher ranking in the rating system shows the company in a more favourable light for the awarding of future contracts."
The ItemSight solution consists of ItemSight software, a Psion Model 7525C handheld scanner, a docking station, a three-year service contract on hardware, and pre-encoded, pre-serialised RFID carton and pallet labels.
RFID specialist Alien Technology has secured a new garment tracking installation deal with the apparel division of Eren Holding....
A range of distressed patent leather patches has been launched for manufacturers of upscale jeans who are looking for new ways to differentiate their brands....
The organisers of IMB 2009: World of Textile Processing, the technology trade fair for the textiles and clothing sector, say they are expecting 25,000 trade visitors from around 100 countries to visit...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide