US: Avril Lavigne to launch fashion collection
Rock singer Avril Lavigne will launch an apparel and jewellery collection to be sold exclusively at Kohl's in the US this July, with additional opportunities currently being explored internationally.
The singer has tied up with Jerry Leigh, the manufacturer responsible for building brands for other prominent music personalities, to form the junior's lifestyle brand - called Abbey Dawn.
"Following the success of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers, tokidoki and our long standing relationship with Disney, the partnership with the multi-talented Lavigne was a natural succession," says Andrew Leigh, president of Jerry Leigh.
A statement said the collection will be updated every 60 days with new prints and pieces for juniors, and that additional categories will be added including shoes and bags. The first collection will be sold in nearly 1,000 Kohl's stores in the US to coincide with back-to-school shopping.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has entered into five new licensing agreements with Randa Corp for neckwear under the Perry Ellis, Perry Ellis Portfolio, Original Penguin by Munsingwear, Trico...
Department store chain Kohl's Corporation today (21 August) named Kevin Mansell as its new chief executive officer, replacing Larry Montgomery who will remain chairman of the board....
The Children's Place Retail Stores staged a recovery in its second quarter, turning last year's US$28.1m loss into break-even this time around....
Tarrant Apparel Group, a design and sourcing company for private label and private brand casual apparel, has swung to a second quarter loss after being hit by charges relating to the bankruptcy filing...
Despite a 12.3% drop in second quarter profit, department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the calculation that a 4% drop in same-store sales for the res...
Girls' underwear with the suggestive words 'Dive In' emblazoned across it is to be withdrawn from all its stores, UK supermarket group Asda told just-style today (14 August)....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts