US: Avril Lavigne to launch fashion collection
Rock singer Avril Lavigne will launch an apparel and jewellery collection to be sold exclusively at Kohl's in the US this July, with additional opportunities currently being explored internationally.
The singer has tied up with Jerry Leigh, the manufacturer responsible for building brands for other prominent music personalities, to form the junior's lifestyle brand - called Abbey Dawn.
"Following the success of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers, tokidoki and our long standing relationship with Disney, the partnership with the multi-talented Lavigne was a natural succession," says Andrew Leigh, president of Jerry Leigh.
A statement said the collection will be updated every 60 days with new prints and pieces for juniors, and that additional categories will be added including shoes and bags. The first collection will be sold in nearly 1,000 Kohl's stores in the US to coincide with back-to-school shopping.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has entered into five new licensing agreements with Randa Corp for neckwear under the Perry Ellis, Perry Ellis Portfolio, Original Penguin by Munsingwear, Trico...
Department store chain Kohl's Corporation today (21 August) named Kevin Mansell as its new chief executive officer, replacing Larry Montgomery who will remain chairman of the board....
The Children's Place Retail Stores staged a recovery in its second quarter, turning last year's US$28.1m loss into break-even this time around....
Tarrant Apparel Group, a design and sourcing company for private label and private brand casual apparel, has swung to a second quarter loss after being hit by charges relating to the bankruptcy filing...
Despite a 12.3% drop in second quarter profit, department store retailer Kohl's Corporation has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the calculation that a 4% drop in same-store sales for the res...
Girls' underwear with the suggestive words 'Dive In' emblazoned across it is to be withdrawn from all its stores, UK supermarket group Asda told just-style today (14 August)....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack